Saturday, May 1, 2010

Moments of Gaming

I decided to combine my interest in video editing with my love of video games. It seemed like those would be a good fit, so I set up my gaming PC to be able to record my game play (thanks Fraps). I quickly amassed a whole lot of footage. I hadn't planned on doing this quite so soon, but archiving the previous month at the start of a new one seemed reasonable. There was a over 90 minutes footage which I have now edited down to 6 minutes. It was fun to do, I had originally planned to do it over a few sessions but once I got started I had to finish it. As I'm typing this (for posting later) the video is still rendering. Even on a modern quad core rig it still takes a long time to render high quality video frame by frame, it's been a while since I've done anything like this and it took a few attempts to get the render settings right.

That's all done now so I can present,
"Moments of Gaming" (possibly episode 1):
Edit:I had a few issues uploading to You Tube, see my next post for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment