Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Upcoming Games

There are quite a few games slated for 2010 which I'm interested in. Unfortunately only two of them have set a fixed release date at the moment.

Alpha Protocol
This game has just gone gold and will be available on the 28th of May. A new role playing game from Obsidian, I'd not really paid it much attention until the last few days when a lot of new trailers and previews were released. I wasn't sure I'd be interested in a spy RPG but it actaully looks like it will be quite good and I can't think of any other RPGs set in the present which is new.

Starcraft II
Just this week it's been announced that this will be released on July 27th. Though in the UK games always come out on a Friday (except for really special circumstances) so it will probably the 30th here. There are beta test keys available with pre-orders now so I should probably get mine on order soon. I've been wanting for try it for quite a while!



Two games which are slated for the forth quarter are Fallout: New Vegas and Portal 2. A new full length Portal game rather than just a bonus should be great and a new addition to the Fallout universe is looking excellent based on the latest previews.

Civilization V is due at some point in 2010, no other details are available to date. I've played and enjoyed many hours of the previous four installments. I'll be getting this on the release day without question and I'll probably not get much sleep. I suffer a lot from "Just one more turn" syndrome.

Another one with a date of just 2010 at the moment is Star Wars: The Old Republic. A new Star Wars MMO from BioWare and sequal to Knights of the Old Republic. This is probably the first MMO that might have the power to take the top spot from WoW. Everything sounds great about this game so far I just hope they can pull if off.

That's it unless Diablo III finally gets a date, that's just TBA right now and of course there's Dragon Age II but that's not planned to be out until February 2011.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds as if you will be in for a busy year, with not much sleep. It's a good job they're not all coming out at once!

    ReplyDelete