Thursday, May 20, 2010

What about the Visitors?

Of the new TV shows I've been watching this season the one I seem to be least sure about is V. I remember enjoying the original version although I admit it's been many years since I saw it. However this new remake just isn't quite keeping my interest. There's not a lot of new sci-fi on TV so I was really hoping it would be good but it's just not up to the same level as say Firefly or Battlestar Galactica. I've enjoyed the work of Joel Gretsch, Elizabeth Mitchell and Morena Baccarin in the past but so far with V I'm just not getting attached to their characters. Side Note: I don't like Morena Baccarin with short hair either, it just looks wrong to me, though I suppose she is supposed to be an alien and it helps with the creepy vibe which she's doing great. I'm still willing to give it a little longer but the main problem now is keeping up to date. I seem to be giving it a low priority when choosing what to watch to the point where I always seem to be a few weeks behind. I'll catch up soon enough now things are ending for the summer and if it gets renewed for a season two I'll probably still tune in. What remains to be seen is whether it will be good enough to enter my DVD collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment